Have you been contacted by social services?

Family Rights Group have an advice line you can ring at: 0808 801 0366

Listen to a Kinship Carer's experience here - David's story

Listen to a parent's experience here - Katie's story

Have you had a child removed from your care?

We know how difficult and upsetting it is to have a child removed from your care and we want you to know that you are not alone. You may still be able to contact them through letterbox writing and you can get support with this if you struggle with reading and writing.

If you are not pregnant and do not have children in your care, Pause can give you one-to-one support designed specifically to your needs:

Support for parents who have had children removed from their care

Other services are available for parents who still have children in their care. To find out what other supports exist for parents who have experienced multiple care proceedings, please follow this link.


Kinship care may be an option for you and your extended family, watch the video below and learn more about kinship care on the dedicated webpage.

Family Rights Group - Tips and Templates

Traveller Movement has worked with Family Rights Group in the past and has informed them of the issues affecting Gypsy, Roma and Traveller parents.

Complaints procedure

Parents and carers can make formal complaints about the child protection process.  How exactly to complain depends on what the complaint is about. For more information, check out the information on the website of Family Rights Group or call them at 0808 801 0366. They are a free telephone advice line open Monday to Friday between 9.30am and 3pm (excluding Bank Holidays).